What new features are the most demanded for Pandanese students?

That is totally new for sure. Added to the backlog. Thanks

How to activate the Radical sound, am using Pandanese on my iPad Pro.

1 Like

Hey @Kaynis! Welcome to Pandanese!

The matter is that radicals are graphical parts of radicals. Although there are also instances of radicals which play a phonetic and not a graphical role in characters. Read more here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_(Chinese_characters)#Phonetic_components. So there are no sound files for radical at Pandanese.

However, you will find sound files when you pass over to characters and words :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure if this is yet possible, but can I view the cards that I learned from a previous lesson (all on the same page)? Thanks in advance.

Pandanese on an iPad is workable.

1 Like

Traditional Chinese characters will be interesting as one can also use it for Cantonese by matching it with the Cantonese Dictionary on Pleco.

Three things I think would be awesome:

• A placement test
  • A higher rate of card/day would (unlimited until there is a placement test, and I think 30-50-100 would be good for advanced users)
  • Some way to edit the mnemonics
1 Like

This is already in the backlog.

• A placement test
  • A higher rate of card/day would (unlimited until there is a placement test, and I think 30-50-100 would be good for advanced users)

Makes sense.

Another thing thatā€™d be nice now that Iā€™ve gotten into characters is that if you ask for the reading and the person writes the meaning, you should remind them that they are being asked the reading, instead of saying they are wrong. Also, a different background color for when you ask the meaning vs the reading would be great.

1 Like

Definitely agree about it being nice if Pandanese could recognize when you entered in the meaning instead of the reading or vice versa and then ask you to re-enter what it actually asked for. Especially when youā€™re trying to get through a ton of reviews at once, itā€™s easy to make this type of mistake.

Is there any timeline for any potential upcoming updates, also?

3 Likes

Would really like it if there was a way to input custom definitions, often I know what a word means but canā€™t exactly put it in the phrase thatā€™s needed

Definitely would like some sort of way to change the pace to a higher amount manually as well

Thanks!

3 Likes

Echoing what @Revers said, any update on adding the ability for us to add custom meanings to words? Would solve many cases of some words having very specific answers and not accepting any other kind of phrasing despite that phrasing being correct and in dictionaries as well. @nikolay

1 Like

Since itā€™s quite hard to quickly know whether you are supposed to pass in a meaning or a reading it would be nice to have some color coding or something to distinguish them, maybe a lighter or darker grey background in the text field.
Also, when you pass in something that canā€™t be parsed as chinese text when you are writing a reading it would be nice if it didnā€™t accept it and let you try again.

SYNONYMS. Please add the synonyms feature, as available in wanikani.
I answered ā€œto viewā€ recently on ēœ‹ and it told me Iā€™m wrongā€¦ this happens with a lot of cards.

PLEASE add this feature.

2 Likes

I agree with this 100%. A big part of the mistakes that I make are not actually mistakes, but just not the synonym that Pandanese wants me to write. This is becoming increasingly frustrating and demotivating. If I could simply add the synonym as a custom correct answer, I would be able to make more progress and not have to endlessly repeat a lot of characters and vocabulary that I already knowā€¦

3 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m not sure if this is the appropriate space to ask this, but Iā€™d like to join others in requesting an option to auto-play pronunciation. I think it would help a lot to hear the pronunciation after with submit our answer during review

1 Like

+1 for the auto-play pronunciation.

On another note, has the development of Pandanese stopped and no new features/improvements can be expected in the near or distant future?

It seems like theyā€™re adding different decks. But itā€™s going slow. The people working on Pandanese arenā€™t responsive here at all, I feel like quite a few of them stopped. Maybe itā€™s only a single persons side project now, not sure.