Is there a placement test?

I’ve been studying for a while, (about B1) and I’d like to be able to go through the basics faster so I can start learning at my level. Is there any way to test out which level I’m currently at? I’ve asked to increase my pace past 12 in this topic as a workaround for this, but it’d be a nice feature to have.

1 Like

There’s no placement test so far.

In wanikani.com there is a skipping function though. So if one feels like its not necessary to study a particular card it can be skipped (not sure, but maybe they are immediately moved to “burned” then?). Would make sense to implement this here, too. I don’t imagine it would be too much of a hassle. I think this would be a much more viable option than a placement test concerning the benefit-effort ratio.

Any update on this or a skipping feature? Was hoping I could just skip ahead to where my current knowledge is already at.

Doubtful. Even the previous comment about WaniKani is probably wrong. I’ve been using that site for years and could never skip or place into a higher level. There may be a user created script, but even then I doubt it would have lasted long. The purpose of sites like this is to build strong foundations for later learning. Skipping lessons or placement testing would be inaccurate to say the least. This isn’t a language learning class, it’s only to memorize construction, reading, meaning, and pronunciations of characters.