Introduce Yourself!

there is a good website for learning the japanese kanji called wanikani

1 Like

thanks a lot!

1 Like

I like Duolingo. I was using it with Italian and have found it fun and uses variety, not just rote learning.

When working with it, I make the listening stronger by closing my eyes so I can’t see it, and try to understand what I hear before I look at it.

Good luck/

1 Like

Nikolay is here. My native language is Russian. I’ve learned the following languages:

• English – no comments here.
  • German as my second language at University.
  • Kazakh. I was born in Kazakhstan so I had to.
  • Serbian. I’m residing in Montenegro and I have to speak the local language. Also, Serbian “counts” for Croatian, Bosnian and Montenegrin :grinning:
  • Chinese now. And it’s “special” comparing to Slavic, Turkic and Germanic languages.

大家好。我是Nick。
I’m an academic language learner studying Mathematics at university. I’ve studied Japanese for almost two years, (an ignorable amount of Esperanto), and am now studying Mandarin with a large help from my girlfriend and other Mandarin speaking friends from where I’m at.

I’m one of those guys who studied Japanese with Wanikani for a while. Also, I pretty much have constant exposure on the daily so the characters don’t feel like too much of a problem for me :P, but I love these kinds of applications and hopes it grows, improves, and gets the kind of recognition that Wanikani does.

3 Likes

Thanks! We are doing the best. Right now we’re working on a major update that will include sound quality improvement and better card entries. We’ll update you about our plans in detail later this month via email and the forum :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello!

My name is Kim! :slight_smile: I’m half Filipino and half Chinese. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to retain much of my Chinese growing up that is why I’m using Pandanese to help me get back on track! It would be amazing to get back to my roots :slight_smile:

Excited to be learning with fellow students here in Pandanese! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Michael! I started using Pandanese about a year ago, but only now am I actually focusing on including it in my daily routine.

I used Wanikani for a long time while studying Japanese, and was looking for a similar website for Chinese, so I was very happy to find something like this. In general I quite like this site, though the mnemonics they use could be improved upon.

My goal is to be able to read and converse in as many languages as possible, starting with Japanese, Chinese and Korean. And after that move on to a few of the more standard European languages. I hope to do a language course in Shanghai for a few months this summer :).

1 Like

Hi guys,大家好!I am Yoka!I am a Professional Mandarin tutor with over 5 years teaching experiences,i am glad to help if anyone needs help here.

Hi guys, in simple terms my name is Treasure Lucia. Well, I really want to learn this language because I love it including the country itself. It will be nice chatting with you guys and lastly, I hope we become friends.

1 Like

But you can call me Lucy.

very friendly community, glad i’ve joined this forum :smiley: hello everyone !!