Difference Between "TV" and "Direction"?

These look identical to me. What is the difference between these two? I haven’t seen them together to be able to compare, but I drew one and kept it until the other one came up and they look the same…
Is this a case of one being the Pandanese memory name for the radical and the other being the actual meaning of the character or word? I can’t see a difference between the two drawn symbols themselves (sorry for the imprecise term symbol)

The symbol 向 is considered both a radical and a character.

AFAIK, the important thing to note is that the name given to each radical does not necessarily have anything to do with the actual meaning of the same symbol when it is used as an independent character/word. On this regard, I would not be able to tell whether Pandanese abides to some standard convention for radicals naming or not.

In this case, TV is just a mnemonic so as to quickly learn to recognize the symbol 向 when it appears embedded within other characters (e.g. in 逈). One of the actual translations of 向 in English is in fact “direction”, as learned with the character card. Other translations of 向 can be found here.

Thank-you for this explanation. This is exactly what I suspected. TV is only a mnemonic. It first I didn’t really like having to memorize mnemonics themselves which really aren’t Chinese, but from your link it is true that this radical can have several different meanings and be used in several different words, so it is indeed very helpful for understanding the composition of chinese words and immediately recognizing and remembering the radical.

I can’t say I am entirely happy with either, since it has led me to repeatedly inserting the wrong input on some characters (i.e. 先 is ‘battleground’ radical, but means ‘first’). However, as a 學生, I am willing to trust that the 老師 that run this platform know what is good for us better than me.