Compilation of Pandanese Cards with Issues

Hi all,

I thought it might be good to be able to more easily keep track of which cards have issues. By “issues” I mean cards that might not have a sound file for pronunciation; cards with difficult to type answers; cards that don’t accept the correct answer; cards that register as being answered correctly but still come back immediately for review; and any other such problems.

I know the Pandanese team does try to keep on top of these but there’s a few cards with issues that haven’t changed or my questions about them responded to so it would be nice to just know which cards have problems since it does affect your accuracy and how many times a card comes back for review (and even whether you can move on to the next cards that depend on you getting certain cards reviewed correctly).

Anyway, I will start off with a few and mark them off as fixed when they are done so. Perhaps we can update this thread with a new post whenever we encounter cards we are having issues with and then just edit our own posts to say they are fixed when they have done so.

All answers that are supposed to be accepted do not register as correct. This one is probably my most annoying one at the moment as it comes back for every review and I have to manually exit the reviews page since it’ll keep asking me to answer it correctly.

I do have a few others that I had issues with but I’ll post them when I come across them again in my reviews as I’m not sure if they were fixed since I last did them (some I haven’t had come back for a while yet since I’ve been answering them correctly).

Thank you and feel free to post the cards you’ve been having issues with here as well! It might make it easier to have a resource we can all refer to when we’re having issues.

1 Like

This card is missing a sound file.

This card only accepts a somewhat difficult to type answer. Would be nice if it accepts a shortened version of the answer (i.e. “hard to”).

For this pronunciation of this character, the definitions given are incorrect. To be fair, you are able to answer “chong” which is the correct pronunciation for this definition but “zhong” would be incorrect, technically. Pandanese does seem to use both definitions for subsequent cards, though, so maybe the solution is putting both sets of definitions into the card that can be used as answers.

Just slightly difficult to type. Not a huge deal but would be nice if you could just do “item measure word” or something else that’s easier.

I haven’t had this one come back in a while but the last time I did it, I could not put in “shi er” as an answer. I see that “shi r” is accepted, but it feels like both should be allowed.

Note: It looks like I can only post one image per post so I apologize for the subsequent posts being about only one card each.

Edit: Just got the ability to post multiple images in one reply so I’ve deleted my other reply and just put everything into this post.

2 Likes

只 — Audio file is zhi3, reading is given as zhi1.
看看 — Audio file is kan4 kan4, but reading is given as kan1 kan1.

1 Like

One of the meanings/answers for this card is listed as “to calle” which looks to be a typo. I checked and the card does accept it as an answer.

2 Likes

Just came across this as part of my new set of words for today. Doesn’t accept “ceng” without the accent marker though it does accept the alternate reading of “zeng” so it should probably accept both.

2 Likes

Not that difficult to type but this probably falls in with some other cards where it should probably accept a shortened answer like “Bill” as “Bill (name)” is a bit unnatural.

2 Likes

This card only accepts “relatively” as an answer even though it lists two other answers that should be acceptable.

1 Like

This one is a little weird to type as there’s not many abbreviations used for other answers. Ideally, you’d be able to just type “to participate” instead of “to participate (in sth)”.

1 Like

I was not able to answer this card with “defend” even though it is listed as an answer. I haven’t tested “shield” yet but will do so the next time this comes up. For now, it definitely accepts “protect” as an answer, at least.

1 Like

This one has a strange audio file. Kind of sounds like “yee ow”.

1 Like

The meaning for this has “to guice” as an option, which probably should be “to guide”.

This card accepts “le si” but not “lei si” which should probably be what’s actually allowed.

1 Like

Does not accept “ah” as an answer even though it is listed as one of them. I have not tested anything else out so far except “to stress” which it does accept.

1 Like

Maybe “action in progress” would be enough for this. This is a slog to type every time it comes up.

Similarly, the answers for this are a bit long. “Keep secret” would be good enough, I think.

1 Like

This card does not accept “doze off” or “sleepy” which are listed as answers. I does accept “distress”. I didn’t get to test “a bunch”.

1 Like

This one takes only “excuse me, may I ask” as a whole. You can’t use “excuse me” or “may I ask” individually as answers.

1 Like

The answer required for this card is too long. Maybe just “expressing surprise” and “expressing doubt” as separate answers or even just “surprise” or “doubt” would work better.

1 Like

This card is just ridiculous, why can’t “if” be a standalone answer as well. We really need the ability to add synonyms

2 Likes

You cannot enter “jin” as an answer or even “jin4” or “jing4” individually. It has to be “jin4/jing4” exactly.

This, similarly, does not accept “ji” but will accept “ji1”.

Looks like this set of cards that I’ve hit upon all have a similar issue of not accepting the pinyin without the tone number as an answer (which is how the rest of the cards work except for those with this issue).

“zu” does not work on this one.

“nu” is not valid for this one.

Thank you for the feedback. We will be sure to look into the matter and have the issues fixed. We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Keep it up! We highly appreciate you :slight_smile: