About the Chinese Study Ressources:P category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters. Until you edit this description or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

1 Like

Why use this category:

• It takes a long time to figure out what works from what’s just adequate.

• Users submit a short list of useful places, teachers, web pages etc. so that other users can benefit immediately.

• The content is fluid, changes a lot, with users’ feedback

• A few anchors as constant (books, bookstores, tips to ace an exam etc.)

The new category invites “cross-pollination” :
ex.: I review two books here, but I also emailed the author to talk about the value of Pandanese as a program to learn etc.

Topics:

• Study abroad tips from learners (of all ages) who did study abroad (in China, Taiwan etc.) ;

• A hack that makes learning with Pandanese easier?

• Other essential approaches to Learning Chinese concurrently with Pandanese?

• Local classes?

• On-going sales of studying material etc.

. . . etc… will think of more value here . . .

I think yes, we need that category.

Right now, you can’t exchange tips on another existing page, or can you?

(Edited for better formatting)

John,
Another thought: I noticed there are about a dozen vocabulary cards that are giving me a really hard time to remember right now.
Examples: 作为 (zuo4 wei2 - to act as); 以为 (yi3 wei2 - to think); 不如 (bu4 ru2 - inferior to).

What if there were a new category or topic named I can’t-remember-this-one.

1. A Distressed User is allowed to submit, say, 5 per month max (or whatever);

2. He/she puts it out for the Community to look at.

3. Users then offer a new meme, suggest a new mnemonic, the perfect tie-in, etc.

4. The User in Distress nominates the most valuable one;

5. The Moderator votes it up or down, making sure it still adheres to the Pandanese method.

6. If voted down, the Distressed User still got help from the community;

7. If voted up, the winning entry gets . . . Panda Points? A trip to the Emerald City? A fresh helping of bamboo leaves? Stars, kudos, more confetti… You get the point.
    :grinning:

What do you think?

1 Like